There are many different diets out there today and figuring out which one to choose can make people crazy. Figuring out the best diet for you is an individualized process. Through specialty lab testing we can determine if you have food sensitivities. In order to be successful in optimizing your weight you do not have to subject your body to a very low calorie or hormone based diet program.
Let food be your medicine. There is not any one medication out there that can compete with a healthy diet and lifestyle. The NS LIFE diet is designed to be more than just a fad or a crash diet. It is a unique program founded on the precepts of naturopathic medicine to be used for helping prevent chronic disease, control inflammation, discover food allergies and sensitivities, and overall lead to a long and healthful life. The 6 principles of naturopathic medicine are an intricate part of this approach; they are:
- vis medicatrix naturae: the healing power of nature – trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself; when you give the body the nutrients and the healthy clean foods it needs along with proper hydration the body can do its job.
- tolle causum: identify and treat the causes – look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause: why do we eat? socially? emotionally? is the food you are eating making you sick, maybe you are gluten sensitive or allergic to dairy?
- primum non nocere: first do no harm – utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies when possible. The LIFE diet is designed to be incorporated as a dynamic part of your lifestyle. Being at a healthy weight is the best way to prevent disease.
- docere: doctor as teacher – at Naturopathic Specialists, we hold this precept in high regard as we educate patients in the steps necessary to achieve and maintain health. We believe it is our job to guide you and be part of your journey towards health. Each step of the way in the LIFE diet you will be guided and educated about food, lifestyle and healthy choices.
- tolle totum: treat the whole person – view the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions. Since all of the bodily systems are inter-connected, poor digestion, for example, could actually affect hormones and sleep.
- praevenire: prevention – focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention. Prevention is the best cure: small changes made today can create realized benefits tomorrow; the best place to start is with what you put into your body every day.
The workbook that you will be given at your first consult is designed to guide you through the discovery process of learning what foods are good for you and what is working for your metabolism or possibly against it. It is our duty to educate about the concept of clean food, and clean water, and how to succeed in your discovery of these. To this end, this workbook provides helpful tips, but remember, everyone is at different point along the health continuum. Thus physician guidance is something that will be a part of the process. This guidance will be given throughout the process in addition to discovering what other obstacles may be inhibiting your optimal weight. Call today to get on your path to wellness!